The much loved original Star Wars Battlefront II had released in 2005, and it has just a short while back got an update to introduce some The Last Jedi goodness. The update is warmly received, but, it is quite surprising since the title is more than 12-years-old. It is not that we mind it, not the least.
You might be wondering, what’s new here? Well, we are sorry to say that it is not the much-wanted workshop feature, and it doesn’t feature a bare-chested Kylo Ren either, but, it is still something and features some upgrades which a lot of players will be happy with. These are the official and small patches for PC:
- Minor bug fixes
- Optimization tweaks
- Lobby functionality
- Steam usernames will now properly show
- Improved accuracy of ping calculations
Although EA stated that a Pink Vader is not desired by anyone (which implies that there is a Pink Vader), a lot of players instantly responded to the Steam announcement, stating that they were pleading for the developers to incorporate the client’s workshop to give a more personalized experience. Since this is a very old game, it is unlikely that this new addition will be made. The second most desired feature was the addition of devoted servers. Once more, this is a 12-year-old game, but, we can still wish!
If you had not experienced the Battlefront franchise before the game was altered hugely, this is what you need to know about it:
“With space combat, playable Jedi characters, and over 16 all new battlefronts, Star Wars Battlefront II gives you more ways than ever before to play the classic Star Wars battles any way you want.
- Enhanced Single-Player Experience – Join the rise of Darth Vader’s elite 501st Legion of Stormtroopers as you fight through an all new story-based saga where every action you take impacts the battlefront and, ultimately, the fate of the Star Wars galaxy.
- All New Classic Trilogy Locations – Fight inside the corridors of the second Death Star, in the marshy swamps of Dagobah, and even aboard the Tantive IV, Princess Leia’s Blockade Runner, as seen at the beginning of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- More Classes and Vehicles – Now choose from six distinct soldier classes, plus bonus hero characters for each of the four factions: Rebels, Imperials, CIS and the Republic. Then jump into more than 30 diverse ground and space vehicles, including the clone BARC speeder, AT-RT and new Jedi Starfighter and ARC 170.
- PLUS Improved Online Features – Engage in massive online battles with multiplayer action for up to 64 players. Play five different online game modes including Conquest, Assault, one-and two-flag Capture the Flag, and Hunt.
Now for the first time, Star Wars Battlefront II lets you…
- Fight as a Jedi – Earn the ability to wield a lightsaber and use Force powers like Yoda, Darth Vader and many other heroes and villains.
- Battle in Space – Dogfight in X-wings, TIE fighters, Jedi starfighters, and other classic starcraft, or land your ship on a star destroyer and fight it out on foot aboard enemy ships.
- Play 16 New Locations – Battle across Star Wars: Episode III environments such as Utapau, Mustafar and the epic space battle above Coruscant.”