Over a week ago, Logan Paul made the mistake of uploading his infamous video of the Japanese suicide forest, where he had posed with a dead body, and now the YouTube icon is at the receiving end of punishments.
The Wrap quoted a YouTube spokesperson as saying that Paul’s YouTube channel has been removed from Google Preferred, and he has also been removed from the YouTube Red series Foursome. Not only that his in the works original series for YouTube Red has also been stalled.
“In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred,” the spokesperson said. “Additionally, we will not feature Logan in Season 4 of ‘Foursome,’ and his new Originals are on hold.”
Paul’s video first came to light on social media on new year’s day, and it forced him to post an apology and a new video. “So sorry,” in which he regretted his behavior.
“I do this s— every day,” Paul said. “I’ve made a 15 minute TV show EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past 460+ days. One may understand that it’s easy to get caught up in the moment without fully weighing the possible ramifications.”
Paul took down the controversial video a day after uploading it, but, it had already garnered over six million views by then. YouTube came out with a statement on January 9 to comment on the situation.
“Our hearts go out to the family of the person featured in the video,” YouTube said in the statement. “YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner. If a video is graphic, it can only remain on the site when supported by appropriate educational or documentary information, and in some cases, it will be age-gated. We partner with safety groups such as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline to provide educational resources that are incorporated in our YouTube Safety Center.”
Regardless of the punishment and the issues, Paul still commands more than 15 million subscribers to his YouTube channel as per the data of January 10.